Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need a creamy chicken curry recipe please!?

Please give me a recipe that is tried and true. I have looke donline and made one from Yahoo recipes and it was aweful.. I want someone's Grandma's tried and true awesome recipe. My hubby loves that and I want to make it for him this week. Thanks so much.. :)I need a creamy chicken curry recipe please!?
I always do this one.





Saute onions and potato squares.


Add chicken portions to that.


(I use IQF chicken portions)


Add fresh garlic, curry powder, cummin, some cinnamon, salt to taste, and ginger if you like it...


Saute the whole lot taking care not to burn it.


If then the chicken is browned, add a little water and simmer.


To stretch it you can add frozen veg mix of choice.


Now mix buttermilk and brown sugar.


(1 Cup of butter milk to three teaspoons of sugar)


Add to simmering pot.


It will thicken by it self.


Add more curry powder in this last stage of simmering if you need to.


Serve hot on rice.I need a creamy chicken curry recipe please!?
OK, I am at work so I don't have the exact recipe handy. You take a few tablespoons of butter in a pan, and saute onions and garlic, (depends how much you like.) until translucent. Make a roux in a separate sauce pan and add it to onion mixture. Thin it out with chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer. Add your spices, cumin, curry, Cayenne pepper, what you like, you could use a spice combo from one of the other recipes. Add cooked, cubed chicken and simmer till thickened.
This isn't measured, but vanilla soy milk, curry powder, some salt makes a good sauce. Sorry I didn't measure! That is pretty basic... but you can always add other things... test it out first.
  • makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment