Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I can't find my Taste of Home magazine that has a chicken & rice recipe in it that I want to make.?

It calls for chicken thighs that you fry up a little before laying it in a dish that has rice, garlic, chicken broth and other ingredients that I can't recall. Does anyone have this exact recipe? It's a great flavored dish that I'd love to make again. I have so many Taste of Home magazines that it would take forever to look for it. This particular issue would be several years old. Thank you !!I can't find my Taste of Home magazine that has a chicken %26amp; rice recipe in it that I want to make.?
Try this site:


http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Taste-of-H鈥?/a>I can't find my Taste of Home magazine that has a chicken %26amp; rice recipe in it that I want to make.?
I found this one on their Website.


tasteofhome.com %26gt; Zesty Chicken and Rice


Zesty Chicken and Rice From Country Chicken Cookbook A dear friend gave me this recipe years ago. Italian dressing and seasoning add just the right amount of ';zip'; to ordinary chicken and rice.


INGREDIENTS


6 chicken breast halves (bone in)





1/3 cup Italian salad dressing





1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth





1 bag (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts





2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice





1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning








SERVINGS 6


CATEGORY


Lower Fat


METHOD Baked


PREP 5 min.


COOK 80 min.


TOTAL 85 min.


DIRECTIONS


Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Pour dressing over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400掳 for 20 minutes. Combine broth, vegetables, rice and Italian seasoning; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350掳 for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment